Sunday, March 01, 2009

North Miami Beach in the 1970s

Recently a friend's status update on Facebook gave me the idea to start a new group, "Growing up in North Miami Beach in the 1970s," and it became an instant hit. Hundreds of "kids" from NMB in the 1970s jumped in with their memories of restaurants, record shops, various stores and parks. Dozens of names I haven't heard in decades suddenly streamed across my computer.

Do You Remember...
  • Greynolds Park
  • Skipper Chuck
  • Skylake Mall
  • Sandy's Drugs
  • Pirates World In Dania
  • on West Dixie Highway
  • 163rd Street Mall
  • Vibrations Records and Tapes
  • Victory Park Pool
  • Uleta Pool
If you grew up in North Miami Beach the 1970s or are curious about "the way it was", check out the Growing up in North Miami Beach in the 1970s Facebook group. And if we knew each other, add me as a friend (just send a note with the friend invite just in case I can't place the face).